Recall of chocolate bars – Mars reacts to discovery of plastic
On 23.02.2016 the chocolate producer Mars Germany announced the recall of its produced Mars-, Snickers-, and Milky Way bars due to contamination.
Contamination is among the everyday phenomena in food production. The resulting recall campaigns cause image damage and exorbitant costs. Trade is becoming increasingly sensitive and has set up appropriate crisis teams to be able to order immediate recalls after customer complains. The producer is often not involved in these crisis talks and is then forced to act.
Big brands, now Mars, had to pull back products in the recent years because they are limited in handling the topic of‚ contamination.
We collected extensive experience about how contamination can be reduced and how they can be avoided through adequate escalation processes in a successful transformation process with a well-known brand-name.
Request our white paper “Prävention von Kontamination am Beispiel von Glasbruch” free of charge.
Further interesting articles
- Rückruf startet im Chaos! – Das müssen Verbraucher jetzt zum Mars-Fiasko wissen” empfohlen.
- Hersteller ruft Mars, Snickers, Milky Way und Celebrations zurück
- Das müssen Verbraucher jetzt zum Mars-Fiasko wissen
- US-Konzern startet riesigen Schoko-Rückruf
- Hände weg vom Schokoriegel