An innovative setting for the improvement of the own performance in line with the individual self-image and personal motivation structure
Mobilize own resources to reconcile cognitive and emotional goals with PERFORMACNE COACHING
What makes the difference?
Focus on solutions and existing resources
Instead of investing time and effort to deal with the past and solve existing problems,
in PERFORMANCE COACHING we focus on the solution and the available resources.
The following procedure has proved to be successful:
- Identification of the relevant topic and the related emotional needs
- Development of a motivating attitude goal
- Neuronal anchoring of the vision
- Preparation of the implementation
- Planning of the establishment of the attitude goal in everyday life
- Preparation for possible critical situations / goal conflicts
- Reflection on progress
- Final meeting and an outlook on the implementation in the next weeks
From wishing to doing with PERFORMANCE COACHING
Change from a problem focus towards a resource orientation
In our understanding, resources include the following elements:
- The motto goal of the coachee
- Mobile and stationary reminders
- Embodiment: Understand and use the interaction between body and psyche
- Recognize early warning signals
- Include existing social networks as resources in the process
PERFORMANCE COACHING increases the probability of implementation
- Significant increase of target achievement compared to Management by Objectives (MbO) (Huwyler 2009)
- High personal identification with attitude goals
- Verification of selected goals by positive somatic markers (physical alarm system – António Damásio)
- Transfer efficiency: Simple implementation of the goal in everyday life and immediate success are guaranteed/ensured
- Termination of the goal dilemma –> away from the “either / or”
- Enjoyable process with strong self-motivation
What are somatic markers?
- All experiences of an individual are stored in an emotional experience memory
- This memory communicates via a physical signal system that supports human beings in making decisions
- The signals are called somatic markers
- Our body reacts to real or imagined situations with a somatic marker that signalizes whether the situation should be considered as desirable or avoiding
(Storch & Krause, 2007, p. 169 f.)
With PERFORMANCE COACHING target attainment is significantly increased
in accordance with the individual self-image and the personal motivation structure.
Request free information on PERFORMANCE COACHING
Huwyler, R. (2009). MbO Zielerreichungsgespräche und Goal-Commitment [Study at the University of St. Gallen – University for Law, Economics and Social Sciences], St. Gallen: University of St. Gallen.
Storch, M. & Krause, F. (2007). Selbstmanagement – ressourcenorientiert. Grundlagen und Trainingsmanual für die Arbeit mit dem Züricher Modell (ZRM). 4. ed. Bern: Hans Huber.